Saturday, August 22, 2009

Catching Up

I haven't posted to this site in a very long time, over a year. I don't think that there is anyone reading this but my apologies anyway Last time that I wrote here, I was preparing to enter my first year at the Maryland Institute College of Art, going in as a Photography major (technically, as the little checked box told me, "Undecided"). I am now little over a week away from the beginning of my second year at MICA, and in hindsight now (I really do hate looking back, ever) I think it was silly of me to try to emulate the life and dreams of a photographer. I admit that over the course of the past year I have lost all but a small bit of my love of photography, and I see its history stretching foward in a curve that will constantly deflect any effort I make towards its life and timeline. I think too differently from the rest of the medium; I don't have the patience or the desire to fight against both my school's curriculum and my own lack of confidence in my art. I am now officially a Sculpture major at the Institute. I dont have any hope of a job or a career out of it but I feel that at least now I will learn so much more.

No comments: